Arval was founded in 1989 and is part of the BNP Paribas Group. For 30 years now, we have been offering our clients and drivers the best solutions to meet the challenges of today and the future. Each day, over 7,500 employees in 30 countries dedicate themselves to making our clients’ trips and journeys as seamless and sustainable as possible, regardless of their field – from multinationals to self-employed and private individuals, whatever mobility solution they need and whatever stage of their lives they are at. We also keep a close eye on social developments in terms of mobility: new technologies, fleet electrification, stricter regulations, the role of cars in towns and cities, evolution from ownership to use, the emergence of the circular economy, the need for environmental protection, etc."
Our world and surroundings are changing rapidly. Arval is changing, too. We offer our clients simple, quick, effective and complete mobility solutions that are perfectly suited to their needs, because our role goes well beyond operational leasing alone. These solutions – our products and services – would not exist without the most important factor behind them: our employees.
We are looking even more at the world of tomorrow and are committed to the future. It is not the final destination that counts, but the journey. And your time at Arval will undoubtedly be one of the most beautiful journeys you make. Working at Arval means evolving all the time. It is about making the most of your talents and developing on a personal and professional level. Already know what you wish to achieve? We shall be pleased to help.
Business Analyst Northern Europe
regional Asset Valuation Analyst Northern Europe
You are part of an enthusiastic team. You and the other 6 team members are analyzing past, current and future market evolutions and trends. We are supporting the management teams in the decision making process in a fast changing mobility environment.
- Apply statistical methods on past observations to analyze and monitor developments on RV (Residual Value) and SMRT (Service, Maintenance, Repair and Tyres)
- Provide objective advice on expected developments and cost assumptions. Predict future residual values of cars and SMRT costs
- Provide solid information to local, regional and corporate management in order to allow Arval to take well-informed tactical and strategic decisions
- Ensure correct implementation of local and Group guidelines and policies concerning RV and SMRT expert settings
- Organize and present RV and SMRT committees. Ensure that all decisions are correctly implemented and used in the pricing
- Support management on pricing strategies during Pricing Committees
- Act as knowledge expert for local contacts for topics concerning the calculation of all different technical elements in the lease price
- Be an active member of our team, and maintain good relationships with the local colleagues, management teams and other departments within Arval.
- Work on efficiency gains for our team, by programming in SAS (software for business intelligence with the program language SQL).
Geographical Scope & Reporting line:
- The candidate will be based in Zaventem, Belgium
- You will report to the Area Manager Asset Valuation Northern Europe (based in Zaventem)
- At first you will focus on one or two countries in the region and ensure proper follow ups and application of the methodologies. In a later stage, depending on developments, geographical scope could be enlarged
- You are willing to travel: occasional travel, (+/- quarterly visits to the country’s Arval offices)
- Actively follow and asses the effects from political, fiscal, economic and technological evolutions in the local market on the risk and cost assumptions
- This function is highly transversal and the asset valuation analyst must have frequent exchanges and collaboration with different stakeholders such as the asset risk department, remarketing department, car data department and the executive committee members.
- You have a Master degree in economics, controlling, statistics or similar
- You are fluent in English (good communication at executive committee level) and you have a good knowledge of Dutch and/or French
- As asset valuation analyst you have an analytical mind and an excellent knowledge of MS office products (excel, VBA, …). Knowledge of SAS or SQL is a plus
- You are a team player with an open mind
Previous experience is not mandatory however experience as business analyst or controller or a similar experience is a plus. Also previous experience in leasing, asset management or a statistical function is a plus.
A challenging, varied and stable role within a dynamic company with a social and team-oriented atmosphere. You will receive an attractive salary complete with fringe benefits (meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, outpatient and dental care cover, group bonus, additional leave, bicycle allowance, fully reimbursed public transport, etc.).