Arval Belgium NV (“Arval”) is committed to delivering the best possible service to you and we wish to maintain the confidence that you place in us.
As part of this, we take care to protect your data when you use any of our services and have adopted strong principles across the Group to ensure the protection of your data.
As such, we would like to provide you with transparent information about how we place, use and store cookies from our website and/or our mobile applications (the “Website” and/or “Applications”) on your device. This Cookies Policy will also explain what cookies are and help to provide you with options on how to manage or delete them.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed and stored on your device when you access our Website and/or use our Applications. The term “cookie” used in this policy should be understood broadly and can also refer to alternative technologies used to store information on your device (such as Flash cookies, fingerprinting, invisible pixels, HTML5 localStorage, tokens etc.), depending on which device you are using. The word “device”, when used in this Cookies Policy, refers to computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices used for accessing the internet.
Cookies perform a number of useful functions, such as to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our Website and/or Application in order to provide you with services that you have requested;
- Enhance the security of the Website and/or Application, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties;
- Send you personalised advertising notably based on your browsing history and your preferences on line;
- Remember information that you provided to us (e.g. to automatically populate forms with information that you have previously provided to us so that you can log on more quickly);
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our Website and/or Application (e.g. language, time zone etc.);
- Monitor your use of our Website and/or Application in order to improve them;
- Enhance your user experience by adapting and tailoring the content on the Website and/or Applications to your interest and providing more relevant Arval ads and content to you on non-Arval websites and non-Arval applications.
2. What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
- The information stored by the cookies on your device may relate to the following, subject to its retention period:
- the webpages you have visited on that device;
- the advertisements you have clicked on;
- the type of browser you use;
- your IP address;
- and any other information that you have provided on our Website and/or Application.
3. What kinds of cookies do we use?
3.1 Strictly necessary cookies (mandatory)
These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the Website or the Application and cannot be deactivated from our systems.
They may include, for example, cookies which collect session ID and authentication data, cookies that make it possible to personalize the interface of a Website and / or an Application (for example, for the choice of the language or presentation of a service) or some audience measurement cookies.
This category also includes cookies that allow us to comply with our legal obligations, including ensuring a safe online environment (e.g. detecting repeated failed login attempts to prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing your account).
3.2 Functional cookies (subject to your consent)
These cookies allow us and our partners to personalize and offer the content and features of the Website and / or the Applications (and in particular the display of our products and services). They are used to improve our Website and/or Applications and your user experience.
3.3. Performance cookies (subject to your consent)
These cookies allow us and our partners, to understand how users arrive on our Website and / or Applications, to measure the number of visitors to our Website and / or Application, but also to analyze the way in which visitors browse the Website and/or Application or reconstitute their journey.
This helps us improve the way our Websites and / or Applications work by ensuring, for example, that users easily find what they are looking for.
These cookies may be exempt from consent when they are strictly necessary for the functioning of the Website / Application in accordance with the article 3.1.
Otherwise, they are subject to consent in accordance with the present article 3.3.
For information on expiration of performance cookies, please refer to the table at the bottom of this page.
3.4. Targeting, advertising and tracking cookies (subject to your consent)
There are different categories of cookies used to propose you advertising.
Information obtained through advertising cookies is frequently shared with our partners through the use of third-party cookies. You can find more information on these partners in section 4 of this Cookies Policy.
- Personalized advertising cookies
These cookies are used to provide you with adverts more tailored to you and your interests. These cookies record your visit to our Website and/or Application, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We and our partners use this information in order to personalize our Website and/or Application and the advertisements therein, if any, according to your areas of interest.
They can also be used to display personalized advertisements on our products on other sites, to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, to limit the frequency of distribution (that is to say to limit the number of times that you see an ad), affiliate ad, click fraud detection, market research, product improvement, debugging.
- Non-personalized advertising cookies
These cookies allow us and our partners, to display advertisements that are not personalized to your profile. These cookies can be used exclusively to measure the performance of a marketing campaign.
- Geolocated advertising cookies
These cookies allow us and our partners to show you personalized advertising based on your location (geolocated advertising).
3.5. Social media and streaming content cookies (subject to your consent)
- Social media cookies
These cookies allow us and our partners to share information with the social networks used on our Websites and/or Applications.
The display of this type of content on our Websites and/or Applications shares information about your browsing on our Websites / Applications with the social networks used.
Streaming content cookies
These cookies allow us and our partners, to offer you the viewing on our Website / Application of content hosted on an external site.
The visualization of this type of content on our Websites and/or Applications involves sharing information with the hosting site about your browsing on our Websites and/or Applications.
You will find in section 4 of this Cookies Policy more information about the partners as well as explanations on how you can set up your preferences.
4. How can you manage cookies?
To provide your express consent for us to use certain categories of cookies as outlined in this Cookies Policy, you can tick the optional boxes provided in our cookies preferences tool which you can access at any time at Cookies Settings
Please note that we do not need your consent to use strictly necessary cookies which are cookies which are strictly necessary to run the relevant Website and/or Application. This is why the ‘strictly necessary cookies’ option is already ticked for you in our cookies preference tool and is not an optional feature.
It is also worth noting that, by not accepting certain cookies (e.g. preference cookies), you may prevent us from optimizing your experience on our Website and/or Application, and some parts of them may not function ideally as a result.
By default, we save your cookie choices on a device for a maximum of 6 months. If you change your mind about the preferences you have expressed regarding cookies, you can update your choices at any time, by accessing the cookies preferences tool. We will ask you to make a choice again every 6 months.
5. Who places cookies on your device (i.e. Arval or third party provider)?
When you select which types of cookies you allow on your device, the cookies may be deposited directly by us or by one of our partners.
From a practical point of view, this means that when you authorize the installation of certain so-called “third-party” cookies on your device, our partners will also be able to access the information they contain (such as, for example, your browsing statistics when you allow third-party analysis cookies) in accordance with our data protection notice and those of our partners.
- Google Tag Manager: Google Tag Manager is our website tag management tool. This tool helps us to enable and disable the placement of cookies and other tags.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is the audience measurement tool that allows us to better understand the behavior of visitors to our Website. Google Analytics cookies make it possible to collect information and generate reports on site usage statistics without visitors being personally identified by Google.
- Google Ads: Google Ads places cookies on your device and receive how you use our website so that we can show you relevant advertisements on other websites.
- Facebook: When you visit our Website, Facebook places cookies on your device and receives related information, including information about the device and your activity, without any further action on your part. This happens whether or not you have a Facebook account or whether you are logged in or not.
- Linkedin: LinkedIn places cookies on your device and receive how you use our website so that we can show you relevant advertisements on Linkedin.
- Eloqua: This shows us how visitors read the information on our website so that we can provide you communication based on your interests and use of the Website/Applications.